Mini and Junior Squads
Emphasis in the mini–squad levels is on stroke development and technique as children familiarise themselves with squad sessions. Sessions are 30 minutes and generally include.
- Introduction to turns and drills.
- Personal safety in all aquatic environments.
- Refinement of technique and gradual endurance building.
These squads are perfect for students who want to develop their technique, endurance and fitness levels. There is a three-tier progression through Junior Squads, before swimmers enter the Teen Health & Fit Program.
- Junior Target – 45 minutes in duration. Swimmers are encouraged to swim twice per week.
- Target – 60 minutes in duration. Swimmers are encouraged to swim three times per week.
- Performance – 75 minutes in duration. Swimmers are encouraged to swim four times per week.